Wednesday, 22 November 2006

The wrong side of 20

I woke up in the middle of the night having a palpitation and realising that the big 26 was only a few weeks away. All of a sudden I started thinking, what have I actually DONE with my life. If I were to face my Lord tomorrow - the amount of things that I'm duly proud of having done in my life would take max. 1 minute to express. Maybe less! Not a good sign. But, recognising you have to change things in your life, is one step closer to actually doing something to change. Or that's how I like to justify things to myself.

Whilst at work yesterday, a colleague emailed me to tell me all about her wedding dress fitting. She was very happy with the result, and the dress was going away to be stitched. She then asked me when my birthday was as she'd forgotten, and how old I was going to be. When I told her, her response was 'Samera! 26 is the wrong side of 20!'. Thanks Lucy.

No comments: