Monday, 20 November 2006

Humble beginnings....

With the encouragement of my sister (her persistent nagging more like!) I've finally done it..I've embarked on the Blog journey.

I have to say it was a lot easier than I thought - or perhaps I'm more computer literate than I thought. Either way here I am. Better late than never as they say.

Am I really overworked and underpaid - well, the NHS isn't perhaps the best employer to make your millions, and I suppose choosing a career in Speech Therapy (by total default I might add) adds fuel to the fact that it's not the best paid job in the world. But I sure as hell enjoy it. Most of the time. Occasionally. I didn't today, but that's only because a patient decided to call me Edna, because he said my name was too difficult to pronounce. I wondered afterwards why he decided that I deserved the name given to 70 year old women. Marginally worrying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As a fellow public sector worker, acting as an integral cog to the Civil Service I'll have you know, I totally feel where you're coming from girlfriend!!!!

Overworked, underpaid, with the only attractve option being flouted to you in the form of pension options....at least we can take solice for the reward in our work...integrity, ethics and feeling as though you're contributing something to society....

Although that's not helping to pay my addiction to expensively priced clothes though...!!! I'll buy you a krispy kreme next time i see you to show that a fellow public worker appreciates you :) x

Unknown said...

work for a slave driver then get expected to be treated like one. NHS.. pile of dross.. you'll only end up being a client for the service you provide.

get out if you don't like it. no one telling to punish yourself for a few quid.

dont be a cog all your life.

Jack Roberts said...

STOP WHINGIN!!!!
Just get on with it! there are worse things you could be doing..... not many but there are some! Life is ours we choose our own path, somtimes its healthy to go the wrong way. Makes the right way seem all that better. Just remember to keep smillin, keep your chin up and hey, stay young and invincible!!

Keep up the good work chuck, your appreciated here!

Jack
x x x